Labor Doula Cross-Certification Training
You must also be a member to take the ProDoula training. Please add the membership to your cart in addition to the training registration.
Your manual will be shipped to the shipping address you provide and is included in the cost of the training and certification program.
To qualify for ProDoula’s labor doula cross-certification program you must have obtained at least one of the items below:
- You have trained as a labor doula and have not yet completed the certification portion.
- You have taken an in person OR online labor doula training in the past 7 years.
- You are currently a certified labor doula.
- You want to hold labor doula certifications with multiple organizations.
ProDoula’s process for becoming a Certified Labor Doula through the cross-certification program, includes the following:
- Be a current member of ProDoula
- Read the ProDoula Labor Doula Training Manual (included in fee and mailed to you)
- Complete the DISC: A Personality Assessment Tool online learning course for improved communication between you and your clients (included in fee and link is emailed to you)
- Complete the Epidural Quiz in your Training Manual
- Required reading: 29 page Cultural Competence Resource Vol.1
- Attend the 3 hour Labor Doula Cross Certification Training via Zoom
- Topics include:
- Review of DISC
- Navigating the birth environment
- The hormones of labor
- Stages of labor
- Comfort measures
- Labor positions
- Next steps
- Topics include:
- Complete your comprehensive online certification exam:
- Score 85% or greater on each of 10 modules
- Upload a copy of your current CPR Certification
To learn more about the process of becoming certified please contact the office: 914.400.3494