The ProDoula CBE Exam is your first step if you are ready to teach childbirth education. It is a formal guide that provides the comprehensive education you will rely on as you teach your community about pregnancy, birth and early parenting.
The ProDoula CBE Exam learning process delivers a new perspective on training by motivating you to collect more in depth knowledge than competing programs. As an educator, you will be prepared to teach and also respond. The research necessary to complete your exam will enable you to field questions from attendees thoroughly and compassionately and most importantly, without bias.
This self study training offers participants the flexibility to work at their own pace over a 12 month period, with the support of seasoned CBE mentors just a phone call or message away. You’ll be ready to teach childbirth education in no time!
Whether you are new to birth work and looking to ease in slowly, or you are a seasoned birth worker thinking of becoming a childbirth educator, the PDCBE Exam unlocks the mysteries behind the magic of birth, and opens the door to a passionate career.
“The amount of resources and links I’ve saved while doing this training is amazing!!! Absolutely love this exam!” Megan Taylor, Cambridge, Ontario
The Process of becoming a childbirth educator:
- Purchase the ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educator Exam via the ProDoula shop and become a ProDoula member.
- You have 12 months from the date of purchase to complete the Certified Childbirth Educator Exam.
- Submit flash drive with video responses and exam documents to the ProDoula office for review.
- You will be notified once your exam is received.
- Your exam will be evaluated within 14 business days and you will be notified of your results.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the exam, you will be awarded your ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educator certificate and you may use the PDCCE credential to identify yourself as a ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educator.
This path to Childbirth Education includes the following mediums:
- The identification of local resources
- Short answer questions
- Multiple choice questions
- True/false questions
- Video response questions
- The creation of handouts on a variety of topics
To complete the ProDoula Childbirth Educator Exam you will need:
- An 8 GB or larger flash drive (Used to submit video responses and exam documents.)
- Access to a digital video recording device.
- A computer or other device to transfer videos and exam documents onto the flash drive.
ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educators have the option to teach any curriculum they like, however, we strongly suggest you teach the “How, When & Why Childbirth Education Teaching Curriculum”.
Childbirth educators were once known as the “Google” of all things birth. But the changing needs of the modern childbearing family has left many traditional childbirth education programs behind. It is ProDoula’s belief that the best part of childbirth education is the educator, and because educators know their students best, educators should decide what and how to teach.
As technology expands and information becomes more and more accessible, the missing link seems to be… the relationship. Birthing families want a confidant. Someone who will spend the time answering their questions and ask thought provoking ones in return.
That’s you, the Certified Childbirth Educator!
You know your clients and students best. You need to be educated and you need to focus on building personal relationships; giving people what they need and not what a “program” thinks they should have.
PDCBE understands modern families and modern birth workers, and has created a path to becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator (PDCCE) like no other.