The Process of becoming a childbirth educator:
- Purchase the ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educator Exam via the Doula Learning Channel and become a ProDoula member.
- Begin working on your exam.
- Upload drive link with video responses and exam documents within the Doula Learning Channel.
- You will be notified once your exam is received as submitted and complete.
- Required Reading: Cultural Competence Resource Volume 1
- Your exam will be evaluated within 14 business days and you will be notified of your results.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the exam, you will be awarded your ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educator certificate and you may use the ProDoula C-CBE credential to identify yourself as a ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educator.
This path to Childbirth Education includes the following mediums:
- The identification of local resources
- Short answer questions
- Multiple choice questions
- True/false questions
- Video response questions
- The creation of handouts on a variety of topics
To complete the ProDoula Childbirth Educator Exam you will need:
- Access to the cloud drive of your choice, such as Drop Box, Google Drive, etc.
- Access to a digital video recording device.
- A computer is preferred over tablets and mobile devices as some information and/or images may not be viewable to you.
ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educators have the option to teach any curriculum they like, however, we strongly suggest you teach the “How, When & Why Childbirth Education Teaching Curriculum”.
Childbirth educators were once known as the “Google” of all things birth. But the changing needs of the modern childbearing family has left many traditional childbirth education programs behind. It is ProDoula’s belief that the best part of childbirth education is the educator, and because educators know their students best, educators should decide what and how to teach.
As technology expands and information becomes more and more accessible, the missing link seems to be… the relationship. Birthing families want a confidant. Someone who will spend the time answering their questions and ask thought-provoking ones in return.
That’s you, the Certified Childbirth Educator!
You know your clients and students best. You need to be educated and you need to focus on building personal relationships; giving people what they need and not what a “program” thinks they should have.
The ProDoula Childbirth Educator understands modern families and modern birth workers, and has created a path to becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator (PDCCE) like no other.